What is Marching Miles for Miracle Kids?
Marching Miles for Miracle Kids is an Ohio statewide event to support Children's Miracle Network and Ohio's Children's Hospitals. The event happens annually in the spring and coincides with the Ohio Credit Union League's Annual Convention. The event consists of walks in all areas of the state. Marchers raise donations for the event. Donations go to Ohio's local Children's Hospitals.
Why has this event been developed?
Marching Miles for Miracle Kids has been developed for a variety of reasons.
• To raise money for Ohio Children's Hospitals
• To make a difference in the community
• To build credit union team spirit among all credit unions in Ohio
• To develop national awareness about Children's Miracle Network
How is the entire state getting involved?
Marches are being organized in several areas of the state. More details are coming soon
What is the fundraising goal this year?
Our 2015 goal is $150,000!
What are the ways that funds are being raised and how are they being used?
- First, and the primary method of fund raising is on-line fundraising. In this case - all monies go to
Children's Miracle Network that are raised on-line. Plus, all funds raised by each Credit Union will
be sent to the local Children's hospital.
- Second, we have Credit Union sponsorships with a suggested donation amount based on asset
size. These funds are being used to finance the underwriting costs of the event.
- Third, we are raising funds through Corporate sponsorships. These funds are eligible to be used
in 2 ways. First, if money is still needed to cover underwriting costs, Corporate sponsorship
dollars will be used. All extra Corporate sponsorship funds will be added to other donations and donated directly to
Children's Miracle Network!
What hospitals benefit from the money earned?
All Ohio Children's Hospitals will benefit from 100% of the money raised. Best of all, the money
raised goes back to the LOCAL hospital. For example, if you live in Columbus and solicit
Marching Miles for Miracle Kids
donations, all of the donations you take in will go to Nationwide Children's Hospital. Below is the
list of benefitting Ohio Hospitals:
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Akron Children's Hospital of Mahoning Valley
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Nationwide Children's Hospital
- The Children’s Medical Center of Dayton
- Mercy Children's Hospital in Toledo
- Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital of University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Riley Hospital for Children
- West Virginia University Children's Hospital
View our event archive on our Marching Miles Participant/Media website.